Clashes in Hodeidah and Bukhaiti appeal to fleeing fighters to return to the front

Clashes in Hodeidah and Bukhaiti appeal to fleeing fighters to return to the front


Clashes in the coastal city of Hodeidah (western Yemen) have escalated in the past hours between government forces backed by the Arab coalition and Houthi militia.

Al-Masdar online correspondent said the clashes continued since the morning hours on several fronts in the city, where the fighting continued at the eastern entrance and behind the city Max Market and the perimeter of the camp (AL Qetal) which the quarter of the Fifth military zone.

Confrontations continue on the 50th street, which stretches from the east to the north of the city towards the city of al-Saleh, and clashes continue southwest of the airport around Hodeidah University.

On the other hand, al-Houthi leader Mohamed al- Bukhaiti posted on his Facebook page and appealed to militants in the group who had left their positions earlier to ask them to return to the fronts to defend Hodeidah.

He promised the fleeing fighters to address what he described as the mistakes he had caused and said that many of them had been repaired.

Al-Houthi's appeal to militants fighting in his group was an affirmation of the withdrawal of many fighters from the fronts, which came as a result of the heat of the fighting and the weak ability of the group's fighters to confront an open land that would make them vulnerable to the fire of Apache fighters.

The group's leader, Abdulmalik al-Houthi, appeared in a televised speech on Wednesday, urging supporters of the group to feed the fronts and to flee to fight following harsh blows received by his fighters and losses on more than one front.


Share


Print Send